Thursday, September 08, 2005

WRONG TRAIN!! WRONG TRAIN!! TAXI!




Well I finally made a real boo boo. Last night after having a great time going to some traditional izakaya (japanese bar / amazing restaurant) Aki and Ryu bid me adieu and I went through the gates to board the soubu line train bound chiba and more importantly, makuharihongo (my current place of residence). I was indeed on the correct platform and waiting in the right place for my train home, but I was unaware of the fact that this route sometimes, sometimes allows the chuo line to make a stop, and of course I chose to get on that train, about 25 min. later realizing that I was just going back and forth, being on somewhat of a shuttle route. After I looked out the window and said to myself, `wait a minute, we were just going the opposite way and I think we already stopped at this station` I had to get off and figure out what in the hissy I was to do. So I boarded a different route to the busy shibuya area, where I might be able to get a hold of my friend mino and hang with him for a bit, then crash for the night and get a train in the morning. But NO!!! this couldn`t happen of course, mino was too far away to meet me, and the trains stopped running that would possibly allow for him to come to shibuya. anyway, I called naoko and said hey Im stuck gonna call aki again. So I called aki and he said the best thing that would be the fastest way to get to he and Ryu (at this time they were hanging out at ryu`s house) would be to hail a cab. I havent even taken a cab in seattle let alone japan!! So I managed to spit out where I wanted to go, kita akabane or something or other, and then I asked for him to call aki on his cellphone and he helped me out, devising a meeting point. about 30 min. passed in the cab or crazy racetrack like driving, and finally I could see ryu and aki`s smiling faces on the side of the road. We then went to Ryu`s house and relaxed for a bit, hit the hay and here I am tonight in makuharihongo with naoko anxiously awaiting some traditional japanese food cooked by the one and only naoko.!!! exciting!!! here are some pictures of my adventure last night and then just a few minutes ago when naoko and myself walked to the `vegetable only` grocery store called FRESH COST. I thought usually people want to make their business seem inexpensive, not refer to that fact that `yeah, you have to spend money` hahaha, fresh COST! amazing place though. Missing everyone but also having a great deal of enjoyment. It is moderately good. no, tooooo good! more soon!! -tyler

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...a riddle of sorts.
Ques.--How far is it from shibuya to kita akabane?
Ans......If a 30 minute racing taxi ride averages 100 km., I will guess 50 km. or 31 Miles.

Ques.-- If 100 Yen equal 90 cents american, how much was that ride?

Ans.....It can't possibly be as much as the American taxi.

Ques.-- How much are Tomatoes at FRESH COST??? (100 Yen = 90 cents american)....and How FRESH are the veggies anyway?

Thanks for the Posts!
DaddyDoug

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that was an adventure! Have you been able to, or are you making the trip to Ito? Hope that happens. Has it stopped raining, or cooled down any?
luv, mum

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Six said...

Yo, it is I, Gene! I know you're not a gamer geek but you have to see Advent Children in theater if you can. I here it's not showing much even in Japan, but at least find out about it. It's a Final Fantacy movie they just made, if you don't know. :P

Have fun j0.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

hey everyone, yeah the taxi was kinda expensive, but my friends insisted on helping to pay for it so it wasn`t so bad. gene, no, not gonna go watch the movie, abhhaha sorry man. tomatoes are about 1.50 for 2 of them in a pack. expensive? I can`t remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home