Thursday, September 01, 2005

n i p p o n


t h i s i s t h e f i r s t b l o g i w i l l w r i t e d u r i n g m y t r i p o u t i n j a p a n e n j o y . . . . . .

Today is August 31st, 2005 in tokyo, Japan and I`m enjoying each moment of it. As I type this I`ve just returned home (temporary home) from shibuya, downtown tokyo where I met up with my friend Mino, and his friend Miruto. We went to mino`s place of work called las chicas ( quite the international restaurant) and had some things to drink and potato wedges to chew on. This restaurant is very nicely decorated and lit inside and has a few different spots where groups can have their privacy or mingle with others if that is the case. We finished our drinks and went out into the deep sea which is shibuya, constantly walking in awe of the amount of people swarming in the streets and out of each shop we passed. We found our way to a few of the wonderful record stores of shibuya which contained some music that is very hard to find in seattle and it was really exciting to see a music shop that had every record label you would want to see with each release in stock and waiting for new ears to pollute. I don`t know why this blog is becoming so ambiguous but it maybe due to the fact that recently I`ve been speaking in very simple forms so that others may understand, and this is acting as a creative release. anwayayayayayayya, tokyo is crazy of course, its everything I expected and nothing like what I thought, I think the term `individual` does not exist here, and I can only think about people people people people people, busy busy busy busy. Today when I was changing trains at a station, a man was asleep and the train was going out of service, so the crew had to wake him up and he really couldn:t get up!!! it was stupendous. I followed him with my eyes because I was just waiting for the next train and he was constantly stumbling harshly from left to right and then,,,,,, he located a group of seats that he could sit down on and rest some more, but he failed to see the mans head on the seat directly below his landing buttocks. crash !! went the glasses and sumimasen, sumimasen, gomennasai ensued. amazing humour!!!!! I think thats a good note to end on. I think I`ll return with some great photos. - t y l e r

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

love the picure! So, enough about Mino - how are things going with you and Naoko? Inquiring minds want to know.

xoxoxoxoxo - Mom

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

hey, ty. any pictures of the head sitting? probably wouldn't be polite - just the kind of thing an ugly american might do. hehe
xoxoxo gene say wah psycho!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home